Author Topic: Task list for translators  (Read 18427 times)

Max Fun

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
Task list for translators
« on: November 26, 2005, 04:42:03 AM »
We have been getting more and more subtitles made and improved daily. Translations for some languages are well and extensively documented even (English and Klingon), most just translated for once, many still not even started. The current status of traslations is good, but there are still lots of things to do.

As there are still many tasks to be done, some organisation won't hurt. So, here's a task list. If you can help with anything, please, don't hesitate. Any and all help is being appreciated very much.

TASKS TO DO
=========

1. Trailer subtitles
2. Main movie subtitles
3. Missing end lyrics, and respective subtitles
4. Subtitles for cut offs
5. Dub texts and dubs
6. Documentation for further translations

Thank you in advance!

To make the subtitles available at the official Star Wreck downloads page, send your file to jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de. Jengelh holds a backup of all available translation files.

Please, also go here: Star Wreck Translations Wiki, and update the necessary section there appropriately. You may either update the existing translation or create a new page for your version, depending on whether you are just improving the old translation or creating a completely new one. Finally, once your file will be available at the Star Wreck downloads page, do update a link from Wiki to that file, so people will find to the source through the Wiki.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 12:29:27 PM by Max Fun »
NO act, written, spoken or physical, how ever hilarious and fun, intentionally or unintentionally, is hereby STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!

jacobo

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
    • http://raw-output.org/
Re: Task list for translators
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 04:47:06 PM »
Is the new DVD going to be produced with multilingual menus? I can translate them into Spanish, if I'm given the texts in advance.

I don't have the old DVD, so I don't think I would receive it on time to translate the outtakes even if I ordered it today...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by jacobo »

Max Fun

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
Re: Task list for translators
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 04:57:22 PM »
Quote from: "jacobo"
Is the new DVD going to be produced with multilingual menus? I can translate them into Spanish, if I'm given the texts in advance.

I don't have the old DVD, so I don't think I would receive it on time to translate the outtakes even if I ordered it today...

I don't think so. At least I don't know of such, so I doubt it. I don't have a DVD yet myself either. The crew should pass the necessary texts here for translation, indeed.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by Max Fun »
NO act, written, spoken or physical, how ever hilarious and fun, intentionally or unintentionally, is hereby STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!

Lance R. Casey

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
    • http://klingonska.org/~lrc/fjelds/
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 02:53:25 PM »
I noticed that my Klingon translation of the trailer has been posted in the wiki, but there are some problems with it.

First, I have not created that file -- when I made the translation a few years ago, I created a .sub file from it. Although most of the text in the .ssa is mine, there are a few lines missing.

Second, that translation is to be considered obsolete by now, due in part to new background information, and in part to my viewing some things differently.

So, I've updated the original file and taken the liberty of changing the link in the wiki. Also, the similarly updated short annotation is here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by Lance R. Casey »

// Lance R. Casey

Lance R. Casey

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
    • http://klingonska.org/~lrc/fjelds/
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 11:31:30 PM »
Somewhat surprisingly to me, the Klingon translations are leading all the others in precedence, quality, completeness as well as degree of documentation! That's the way to go! Who would have expected that...

Well, I would have expected that, actually -- at least to some degree. :D

Since the task of transferring any lengthy text to Klingon requires extensive research and information of all circumstances involved, the resulting properties of "quality" and "completeness" are more or less inevitable -- and, given that, why not write all those paths trodden down, so as to be able to bask in the glory of everyone's admiration for the author's ardor? :P

That leaves precedence. Well, I'm of the class of people who tend to really concentrate on (qImqu') an assignment when it's something that falls into an area of specific interest, and just work away, drawing satisfaction from the labor itself -- this is referred to as "flow" in neo-psychological circles. Also, I have lots of free time. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by Lance R. Casey »

// Lance R. Casey

Sentinal

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
    • http://spaces.msn.com/puniksem
Dubbing over films
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 08:59:49 PM »
It would be great if one could get a copy of 'Star wreck' dubbed in English, has it been done?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by Sentinal »
Visit my space for the latest coolest Tips & Tricks, Voted the best space by many MSN users.

Rokkipoliisi

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 10:10:14 PM »
Yar guys.. Dub SW (Star Wreck not Star Wars) into English :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by Rokkipoliisi »
Pähkinä!

saskboy

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abandonedstuff.com
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 12:59:34 AM »
I've emailed to see if I can get a soundtrack of the movie without actors voices so that me and friends can make an English dub for fun.  It wouldn't be great quality, but it'd be funny and you'd not have subtitles then.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by saskboy »

StarWolff

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.STARWOLFFsDOMAIN.net
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 07:30:19 PM »
Quote from: "saskboy"
I've emailed to see if I can get a soundtrack of the movie without actors voices so that me and friends can make an English dub for fun.  It wouldn't be great quality, but it'd be funny and you'd not have subtitles then.

saskboy - If you do get the soundtrack, could you send it to me as well? I'd like to lend my voice to the English dub, if you'll let me. I could do the voice of 'Info', or I could send you some sample sound files of my voice so you can select the best fit of my voice to one of the characters. Adding the English dub would make the movie the ULTIMATE for SW's English audience/fans. I would really love to be a part of this project. eMail me at: StarWolff at hotmail dot com Subject="RE: Star Wreck English dub"
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by StarWolff »
...We should all strive to make the World according to Star Trek a reality.

saskboy

• Star Wrecker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abandonedstuff.com
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 12:17:54 AM »
Hi,
My english dub plans have been put on the backburner for now. My friends watch it and only some were interested in reading the credits.  I have other hobbies to devote more time to, but goodluck to anyone, and I hope the soundtrack is made availble to an english dubbing team soon.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by saskboy »

LGrids

Task list for translators
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 01:40:06 AM »
Hi

I have already written a macro that save a copy of a PowerSahpe model.  I need to run this macro every five minutes.  How can I program a timer for performing this task?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by Guest »